Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Thespian's Alphabet-H

H is for the heat.

Now, don't get me wrong. I AM a whiny person. But anyone will tell you how rough it is. What makes it worse is that half of the musicals we've done or so have been with period costumes, so we don the long skirts, boots, heels, ties, and dress shirts-and end up sweating like crazy.

Maybe it's just me. But summer is my favorite month of the year. I can deal with high heat levels-some of the time. But this, really, isn't fun. Hot lights+makeup+period costumes=a mad stripping and getting back into regular clothes at the end of the performance.

It's crazy!

Also, compounded onto that, is the fact that EVERYONE. Will be nervous. Even the people who have been doing it for years. Stage fright is not a thing of the past. If it's not fear, it's high anticipation. A lot of emotions running high. And a lot of sweating like crazy.

Let's hope we don't drown ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment