Friday, January 28, 2011

The Thespian's Alphabet-F

F is for faking.


Now, don't get mad. I'm talking about faking SO MANY THINGS like crying. Or hating. Or even a romantic interest for a guy who's like your brother.


Back when we were doing HONK!, there was a scene where I had to cry. Now, there are 2 reasons I couldn't actually cry. Number 1, my makeup would go all over, and number 2, I CANNOT cry in front of people. Just can't. So I had to fake it. It went rather interestingly. 


Sometimes, I've had to fake hating the villain of the piece when they're a good friend of mine. THAT was actually easy, because for some reason, it's easier to culminate hate for someone you like than culminate like for someone you hate. It just doesn't look right if you're nice to the villain. It's kind of fun to act nasty to them, actually. The more dramatic the acting, the more outrageous the direction, the better it's gonna be.


Then there's faking romantic interest. I've actually played-or am going to play-leading lady to a pair of brothers who are awesome, but they're just my friends. AWKWARD. Luckily, they're a couple of big sillies, so it's not that bad. There has been an instance where I had a hard crush on my leading man. Faking? What's that? Ironically, that was the most intense physical romantic role I've ever had. Go figure.


Yeah. Faking, it can be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment